The fastest growing source of new energy globally
It is no surprise that solar power is now at the forefront of the renewable energy sector. The costs of the technology have decreased dramatically in recent years (an 82% reduction since 2010) and this, in combination with its massive environmental benefits, has made it the fastest growing source of new energy worldwide. It is estimated that over $3 trillion will be invested in the sector over the next 20 years.
Here are 7 reasons why we believe an investment in solar power is a positive addition to your portfolio:
- Historical performance data of solar investments highlight how the technology can consistently deliver attractive returns to investors and has outperformed other renewables and traditional energy stocks over the last four years. Please be aware however, that past performance is not a guarantee of future performance.
- Investments in solar power are backed by tangible assets, such as land, grid connections, additional equipment and the photovoltaic panels themselves.
- Solar technology is unique in its scalability and short construction times, meaning sites can be developed quickly.
- The operation of solar technology carries few risks, as it is electrical rather than mechanical (such as wind turbines) and consequently has very few moving parts.
- Solar irradiation (the power per unit area received from the sun) is more predictable and has less variation than alternatives (e.g. wind).
- Solar technology is more flexible than any other form of renewable energy and can be situated in a variety of geographical locations.
- Solar farms enable secure inflation-linked revenues and have an economic lifespan of approximately 30 years.
You can find out more about our market leading solar investment here or enquire today for the full information using the form below.
Please be aware that investments carry risk to your capital – Amio Wealth does not provide investment advice and therefore it is important that you seek financial advice if you do not understand any aspects of an investment product before proceeding. You can read more about the general risks that apply to our investment opportunities here.