With interest rates looking likely to remain at historic lows for the foreseeable future, we are seeing an increasing number of people looking elsewhere for better rates of return on their investments. But knowing where to look can be difficult, especially with the plethora of different options available.
Our relationship managers are regularly asked about security, and rightly so. While we do not give financial advice, our consultants are always completely transparent about the risks in our investment opportunities, in order to allow all prospective investors to make an informed decision that suits their investing needs.
Regardless of whether you’re looking for a low-risk investment with modest interest, or something with greater potential for reward, here are five basic principles that we believe are important to consider.
- Understand the risks: There are, unfortunately, no guarantees when it comes to investing. Anyone promising you “guaranteed” returns or claiming that your money is “100% safe” or “fully insured” should be avoided. With all investments, your capital is at risk, and any responsible company should outline those risks for you in detail before you make your investment.
- Understand the company or investment: Since the 2008 financial crisis, we have seen huge growth in the ‘alternative finance’ sector, which emerged to fill the SME (small- and medium-sized enterprises) lending void left by the banks. This is a very competitive marketplace and the higher rates of return on offer reflect that. What is important is that you do your own due diligence on the specific company or investment and make sure you understand how they are going to be able to pay your returns and your capital back.
- Corporate responsibility: We believe you should always check the FCA register (https://register.fca.org.uk/) to make sure the company you’re dealing with is listed there and therefore adhering to regulation governing this sector.
- Responsible practices: We believe you should always be wary if you are contacted out of the blue with a ‘cold call’ about investments.
- Your investment decision: Finally, and perhaps most importantly, do not be bowed by pressure from a salesperson. You should feel completely comfortable with your investment decision, and be able to make that decision in your own time, asking as many questions as you feel necessary.
We strongly believe that investors should not take any risks that they do not understand. Once you are happy with the company you are dealing with, you can then assess the individual investment opportunity on its own merits.
We specialise in fixed-rate investment bonds, and enable our investors to obtain the high returns they are looking for with the utmost security. Our bonds are always fully asset-backed, with investors having first legal charge over the company’s assets, and we also put in place independent security trustees to look after our investors’ interests.
Enquire below today and speak to one of our relationship managers to find out how we make investors peace of mind our primary focus.
*Please note that Amio Wealth is not regulated to give investment advice and as with any investment, your capital is at risk and returns are not guaranteed. Please click here to view our full disclaimer.